Friday, December 23, 2011
Tel3Advantage has a promotion which lasts until January 2nd where new customers will receive a bonus that is twice the normal. Visit Double the Free Minutes for more details or call 1 800 441 0321 to speak with a representative. Tel3Advantage offers one of the most popular prepaid calling plans in North America. It can be used to make cheap long distance calls (domestic or international) from the USA and Canada.
LocalPhone offers a unique, multi-functional international calling product. It can be used as a phone card to make cheap calls from around 60 countries and also be used to send cheap text messages and make PC-to-Phone calls from any country. Visit LocalPhone and use coupon code SMARTGLOBAL100 at checkout for a 100% bonus on deposited funds up to $5. They also offer a Free 5 minute trial call for those who wish to test the product before purchase. You can also deposit as little as $1.
Smart Global Call International Phone Cards are offering 10% off all of the phone cards they sell through January 5, 2012. They offer a wide range of high quality phone cards that can be used to make calls from more than 100 countries. Visit Phone Card Holiday Promo for more information.
Rebtel offers a popular product that can be used to make cheap international phone calls from over 60 countries. It can be used from any kind of telephone and it can also be used to make Free Calls to other Rebtel customers. New customers can get Double their first deposit by visiting Rebtel - The New Generation of Calling Cards and using voucher code christmasgift at checkout. This offer is only valid until 6 PM EST on December 26, 2011.
One of these international calling products should be the right one for your use and now is the time to sign-up in order to maximize savings. Happy Holidays....
Sunday, December 18, 2011
Deposit $10 and get a $2 Bonus (Normal Bonus is $2)
Deposit $25 and get a $10 Bonus
Deposit $50 and get a $14 Bonus
Deposit $100 and get a $18 Bonus
New customers will get a bonus plus low Tel3Advantage rates when they make domestic or international long distance calls. Tel3Advantage can be used to make cheap calls from any kind of telephone in the USA or Canada without changing service providers or anything. There are no fees for opening or maintaining an account and there is nothing to purchase. Just open an account, deposit as little as $10 and start making calls. The Tel3Advantage calling plan also includes the following features:
- PIN Free Dialing when using registered phones (Register up to 10 phones in one account)
- A complete on-line call history in real time
- The lowest rates in the industry to most locations
- The ability to Direct Dial international numbers from SMART Phones with Tel3Apps
- Online account management
- The ability to Auto Re-Charge your account
- Store & Speed Dial up to 99 numbers
- Make all of your International Phone calls from one account. Ideal for budgeting phone expense.
- No hidden fees or Taxes. Listed rates reflect all charges.
Friday, December 9, 2011
Thursday, December 1, 2011
- Provide your academic email address (containing .edu or .ac) and get your voucher code.
- Sign up for an account and register your phone number.
- Make your FREE 5 minute trial call
- Enter your unique voucher code at checkout when funds are deposited and get double credit. You can only use this offer on your first order and you can onlty use it once so make it count.
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
- Smart Global Call phone cards international is offering 10% off all phone cards through December 5, 2011. Visit Phone Card Special to receive this discount. Smart Global Call features a variety of high quality phone cards that can be used to make cheap international phone cards from more than 60 countries.
- Local Phone is offering Free International Calls to the USA for 4 days starting on November 24th. There is no limit to the Free calls you can make either to the USA or within the USA for the four days from November 24 through November 27, 2011.
- Rebtel is offering new customers a double bonus on Black Friday. New customers who deposit $10 will get a total credit of $30 if they use coupon code 'tripleup25nov'. This coupon code is only good on Friday November 25, visit Black Friday Madness for more information or to sign-up for this offer.
Saturday, November 19, 2011
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
The TEL3Dialer App is a Free and any Tel3Advantage customer can use the App to make cheap international phone calls. The iPhone app allows a TEL3Advantage user to place an international call directly from their iPhone without dialing an access number, account number or PIN code. In other words, it is an application that works seamlessly to save SMART phone users money on international calls.
Once the application is downloaded on to an iPhone (available in the iPhone app store), a caller does not need to dial an Access Number or PIN code anymore in order to use the low cost Tel3Advantage service, they just dial the destination phone number as normal or choose a contact from their address book, and make a direct dial call. It couldn’t be easier to use.
The following are brief instructions for obtaining the App.
A New Tel3Advantage User
1. Sign up with TEL3Advantage by visiting Tel3Advantage or calling 800 441 0321.
2. Register your iPhone number with TEL3Advantage (add to Instant Access number list)
3. Download the TEL3Dialer from the iPhone APP Store.
4. Start making Cheap International Phone Calls.
Existing Tel3Advantage User
1. Register your iPhone number with TEL3Advantage. Add it to the Instant Access Number list in the users on-line account.
2. Download the TEL3Dialer from the iPhone APP Store.
3. Start making cheap international phone calls without dialing account numbers or PIN codes.
Saturday, November 5, 2011
South Korea has a very modern telecommunication system but rates are fairly high on international calls compared to other countries. Many people use Skype from South Korea to make free calls to friends and family at home but this is not always a convenient option. We an international mobile phone to make calls to the USA but the cost is very high, around $1 to $1.50 per minute. We also found the Korean phone company often blocks or does not allow calls to phone card access numbers so be sure to test these before purchasing phone cards. We also found that calls using traditional phone cards (via access numbers) from South Korea were not that cheap. A typical phone card rate is about $0.10 per minute. This may seem cheap but the rate on international calls from the USA to South Korea using phone cards is typically between 1 and 3 cents per minute. Our family called us from the USA using Tel3Advantage which is one of the best low cost options because it is cheap and the call quality is very good.
One of my friends in the USA called me several times with Vonage because their plan includes free calls to land-lines in South Korea. Vonage seemed to work okay but the sound did typically fade in and out a few times during most calls.
The product I used the most to make cheap calls to the USA and other countries from South Korea was a callback phone card. Calls to the USA were just over 3 cents per minute and the call quality was very good. The card I used had a web interface so you just enter the phone number where you are located (mobile or land-line) and the number you wish to call and, in a few seconds, your phone will ring and you will be connected to the other party. This is a super product that can be used from any country as long as you have an INTERNET connection (in order to send a message) and a phone were you can receive a direct call. Callback is a very good product to use when making calls from countries with high tariffs on outbound international calls since the calls originate in another country so these tariffs are by-passed. I have used these callback cards from several countries and have not had any problems completing calls.
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Saturday, October 8, 2011
Monday, September 5, 2011
Phone Cards with Direct Dial Feature
Visit Phone Cards International for more information on these and other innovative phone cards.
Tel3Advantage also offers an innovative direct dial feature for international calling that can be used by Mobile Phone users. They offer customers free Apps that can be used with iPhones, Androids, Blackberrys and over 450 different mobile phones. Tel3Apps are free and allow users to make cheap international calls from their mobile phone without dialing an access number, account number or PIN code. Tel3 calls this Dial Free Calling and it is the current state-of-the-art for international calling from cell phones. Visit International Mobile Calling for more information on Tel3Apps and other innovative products.
Saturday, September 3, 2011
The Continental Card is not just a typical prepaid phone card, it can be used for a variety of telecommunication services. Some of these are listed below.
- Callback Phone Service - this features allows users to make cheap international calls from any country in the world.
- PC to Phone Service
- Prepaid VoIP Service
- Call Me Link - Allows other people call you at no cost to them.
The Continental Card also has a number of inovative features. These include standard features like Toll Free Access, PIN Free Dialing, On-Line Call History, Speed Dial and Auto-Refill along with some that are not so standard. Like the following:
- Direct Dial - A feature that allows you to make international calls without dialing an access number or PIN code.
- SMS Refill - A user can add minutes to their card by sending a SMS message.
- Prepaid Conference Calls - Set up a conference call in minutes. Either over the phone or on-line.
The Continental Card can be used as a prepaid phone card to make calls using access numbers in over 80 countries. It can also be used to call toll free numbers in the USA from overseas. Most phone cards cannot be used to dial toll free numbers so this alone is a handy feature for USA citizens who are overseas for an extended period of time. Now is a great time to try the Continental Phone card. Visit Phone Cards International for more details or an instant 10% discount on purchase.
Monday, August 15, 2011
Azerbaijan 17 cents/min
Saudi Arabia (Riyadh) 3.9
Sign-up now and maximize savings during the month of Ramadan. For more information or to sign-up, visit Triple Promo or call 1 800 441 0321 and mention the triple promo bonus offer.
Friday, August 12, 2011
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
The cost for Vonage is reasonable for those who make frequent calls to locations and phones covered by the Vonage World plan. For example, free calls can be made to land-lines or mobiles in a few popular locations like India and China. For people who make frequent calls to extended families and friends in these locations Vonage could offer a great deal. But it is not such a great deal for people who call infrequently or those who call to locations not covered by the Vonage World Plan. To illustrate this we compared the rate Vonage charges using their Vonage World plan with a prepaid calling plan (Tel3Advantage) on international calls to mobile phones in several popular destinations. We have listed some of these below where Vonage World rates are compared to Tel3Advantage Triple Promo rates on calls to mobile phones in selected destinations. Rates are in US cents per minute.
Destination Vonage Rate/Tel3Advantage Rate (cents/min)
Costa Rica 8/2.8
South Africa 23/11.6
Vonage may have some advantages on calls to certain locations but, as shown above, it should not be assumed that it offers the best deal to all locations. People who want to save money on international calls should investigate a prepaid plan like Tel3Advantage where calls can be made from any kind of telephone without an INTERNET connection. There are also no monthly fees or hidden charges like monthly fees, taxes or surcharges. Tel3Advantage is very popular with people who make international calls to mobile phones in many countries because of their low rates, high quality connections, ease of use and the ability to make calls from mobile phones or any kind of telephone without making any changes.
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Most people are aware that some phone cards have great rates on international calls but many make-up for unbelievably low advertised rates by adding on hidden fees and/or taxes. Fee structures vary between phone card providers. Some have low or no added fees while others have especially onerous fees so consumers should be aware that phone cards do not have a standard fee structure. Therefore, when shopping for phone cards it is best if consumers study the fine print before making a purchase. Four common and especially annoying added fees are listed below.
1. Connection Fee – This is a fee that is charged whenever a call is connected. It is essentially an added charge for each call made using the phone card. It does not matter how long the call or whether the number was misdialed or if the person was even at the place called. One popular phone card company advertises rates as low as 1 cent per minute but charges a 49 cent connection fee. A fee like this can substantially increase the rate on short calls and phone cards with connection fees should be avoided.
2. Maintenance Fees – A charge for keeping a balance on a phone card. We have seen maintenance fees that are charged weekly, bi-weekly or monthly but, in any case, it is a fee that is deducted from the phone card balance if it is kept active for a specified period of time. For example, if a phone card has a monthly fee of 99 cents than 99 cents will be deducted from the account at the end of each month. Phone cards with maintenance fees should not be used on a long term basis. The way to avoid a maintenance fee is to not keep the phone card until the end of the maintenance period. Therefore, purchase a small denomination card and use it quickly so a maintenance fee is not charged.
3. Long Call Fee – A fee that is charged for calls that last for a predetermined period of time. For example, a 50 cent fee could be charged on calls that last for more than 10 minutes. Avoid phone cards with Long-Call fees.
4. Service Fee – Some phone card companies charge a service fee on each call. This is sometimes called a communication fee. This is kind of like a sales tax and is charged as a per cent of the cost of the call. For example, a phone card may charge a 25% service fee. In this case a 25 cent service fee will be added to a call that costs $1. A service fee is okay if it is known and considered when the phone card is purchased. For example, if a phone card has a 25% service fee just increase the per-minute rates listed for the card by 25%. If they are still good rates than the card may still be worthy of purchase.
People who want to avoid phone card fees should consider a prepaid calling card (virtual phone card) like Tel3Advantage. Their listed rates include all fees and taxes and their rates are still some of the best on the market. They also include a full array of features, the highest call quality and award winning customer service.
Saturday, July 16, 2011
Many of these countries are in the Middle East, like Kuwait, Jordan, Oman and the UAE. Some are in Asia, like China or South America like Brazil and Belize. In any case, international travelers or those who plan to stay for an extended period of time in a foreign country should be aware of this practice, do some research and find a suitable solution before traveling. One option is a VPN. A good VPN can by-pass the local block on the INTERNET and allow users to still use Skype. I have done this in Oman so I know it works. Those interested should do a search for VPN providers and intall and test it before traveling. Another option is callback phone service. One we have used from many locations is a web activated callback service offered by NW-IP the service provider who supports the popular Continental Phone Card. The nice thing about a callback service is that it can be used from any kind of phone (that can receive a direct call from overseas) and it can be used from any location in the world. We have used it from many countries because it is handy to make calls to land-lines and cell phones in other countries. There are many people who are not connected to Skype or not at their computers and Skype charges a lot for calls to phones. We have found callback to be useful and well worth the purchase of a phone card before leaving on a trip.
Saturday, July 9, 2011
Tel3Advantage Flex Plan - This is the original sign-up option where new customers get low Tel3Advantage rates on calls and new customers get a sign-up bonus ranging from $5 to $9.
Tel3 Triple Bonus - The triple bonus option provides customers with lower rates on calls for the first 30 days plus a sign-up bonus ranging from $2 to $10 depending on the initial deposit. This is the best sign-up option for most people.
Tel3Advantage Savings Plan - This new sign-up option provides new customers with super low rates to several locations for the first 6 months. There is no up front sign-up bonus but it could be the best option for people who make frequent calls to certain locations.
Check all three options to determine the best one for your situation. No matter how you sign-up you will get great Tel3Advantage service (rated A+ by BBB) and get all of the same great features. These include an on-line account where you can monitor activity on your account, add phones and speed dial numbers. You also have access to free iPhone and Andoid Apps that you can use with your Smart Phone to make cheap international calls without dialing any extra numbers. These and other inovative features help make Tel3Advantage a leader among companies in the prepaid long distance market.
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Tel3Advantage is one of the most popular prepaid calling plans in North America. It has been in business for over 15 years and has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. They also offer a money back guarantee so people can try their service at no risk. The following are some highlights of the features included with Tel3Advantage.
- Pin Free Dialing - No reason to enter an account number or PIN code when making a call.
- Direct dial international calls from smart phones with Tel3Apps.
- On-line call history in real time. Know the exact charge and details for each call made on your account.
- Set up to 99 speed dial numbers. Save time and minimize errors when making international calls.
- The same great rates 24/7 with no hidden fees or taxes.
- Toll free or local access numbers. Note there is a 1 cent-per-minute charge for using the toll free access number.
- Open an account for as little as $10.
- The highest call quality.
The lowest rates to India and other international locations. Visit India Savings Plan or call 1 800 441 0321 for more details.
Monday, May 23, 2011
Burkina Faso 14.7 cents/min
Dem Rep of Congo 10.8
Cote D'Ivore 16
Visit cheap international calls to Africa for more information and a complete list of rates.
In addition to low rates on long distance calls, Tel3advantage also offers a full range of features that help make international calling a breeze. Each account holder receives free on-line access to an account summary page where they can make changes to their account and monitor activity in real time. Many customers like the on-line call history feature where they can monitor the cost of each call made from their account. Tel3Advantage rates include all fees and taxes so there are no hidden costs or surprises. Opening an account is free and there are no maintenance charges for keeping an account. Try Tel3Advantage now by visiting Tel3Advantage Promo and receive free minutes and a discount on all calls made for the first 30 days.
The best option for most people for making cheap international calls is to use international phone cards. These are becoming more common as the popularity of mobile phones increase. Calling Cards are a practical choice since they aid in making cheap international mobile calls. They have an advantage over others for they are low priced and can be used from any kind of telephone to call almost anywhere. Since these cost less to the company they are a value for money for the customer. They are so extensively used in some locations that they claim 40% of the telecom market and also cover a major share of convenience store and internet sales. The Internet today has become a medium reaching a wide range of audience hence the telecom companies are also not running behind. Today calling cards are also available online with many companies selling calling cards through web sites. Smartglobalcall.com is one such web portal that offers cheap calling cards.
Calling cards are not only advantageous for the consumer but also for the service provider as well. Since they are easily available online this eliminates the need for a physical card and hence comes handy in the manufacturing cost. There by helping the service provide give more value for your money. Since they are prepaid hence eliminate the need of debt collection. So get a calling card and get close to your dear ones around the world.
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Tel3Advantage has two options for new customers to use when they open an account. These are the following:
1. Get a slightly lower up-front bonus but get 30% lower rates for the first 30 days. This option is called the Triple Promo and is described on the following page Tel3 Triple Promo.
2. Using the second option new customers get more up-front bonus but do not get the 30% discount on rates. This option is summarized on this page Tel3Advantage.
You can also call 800 441 0321 and talk with a Tel3Advantage representative.
Which is the best option? For most people the Triple Bonus is the best option. It is especially good for those who only want to use the service for a short period of time, like Mother's Day.
Tel3Advantage offers one of the most popular prepaid calling plans in North America with over 100,000 active customers. It can be used with any existing service provider to make cheap international calls from any phone. It can be used to make calls from Canada or the USA. Customers get exceptional service and call quality at surprisingly low rates. Tel3Advantage rates include all taxes and fees so there will be no surprises. Mother's Day is a great time to try Tel3Advantage.
Monday, April 25, 2011
Many people would like a cheap international calling plan that offers low rates on calls from landlines or cell phones to the Middle East. Tel3Advantage has a very good international calling plan for making calls from mobile phones or landlines to the Middle East and other international locations. Each account can be used to make cheap international calls from up to 10 phones without dialing and account number or PIN code. These phones can be home, business or cell phones so one account can be used to consolidate all international calling expenses into one account. Tel3Advantage also offers the lowest rates to either cell phones or landlines in most locations. The rates really are the lowest if one assumes they offer the highest call quality and their rates include all fees and taxes so there are no hidden charges. Tel3Advantage also offers a signup bonus for new customers in order to encourage people to try their service. Tel3advantage does this because they know that most people who try their service become long term customers (around 70% of new customers continue to use the service for 1 year or more).
The following are some Tel3Advantage sample rates to landlines in the Middle East from phones in North America. These rates include all fees and taxes. Visit cheap calls to the Middle East for more information.
Bahrain 3.2 cents/min
Saudi Arabia 3.8
In addition to low rates, new Tel3Advantage customers will receive up to $25 in free calls when they open a new account. It is also free to open an account and there all no fees for maintaining an account.
Saturday, April 16, 2011
Saturday, March 5, 2011
One of the most popular prepaid long distance providers in North America is Tel3Advantage. In the past their service could only be used to make calls from phones in the USA but they recently expanded their service to Canada. Using Tel3Advantage, calls to the UK from Canada cost only 1.4 cents-per-minute. This rate is valid 24/7 and includes all fees and taxes so there are no hidden charges. Tel3 also provides callers with free on-line account access where they can monitor account activity, make changes to their account, add speed dial numbers and do other useful things. Those who want to save money on international calls should visit calling the UK from Canada for more information. New customers will also get up to 1000 free minutes if they open an account during the current promotion.
It is also possible to make cheap calls to the UK from Canada using international phone cards. Rates are as low as 1 cent per minute and they can be used to make calls from any kind of telephone. Many people feel that phone cards offer inferior quality. In some cases this is true but there are premium phone cards that offer call quality that rivals any option for making international calls.
Friday, February 25, 2011
New customers will also get a bonus of up to 1000 free minutes when they open an account with Tel3Advantage. Their rates also include all fees and taxes so there are no hidden charges on calls or no maintenance fees for opening or maintaining an account. Tel3Advantage can be used to make calls with any land-line or mobile phone without changing companies. It is very easy to use and can save mobile phone users up to 95% on international calls.
Saturday, February 19, 2011
- Calls to Angola 8.4 cents per minute to land-lines/15.3 cents to mobile phones
- Benin 8.8 cents to land-lines/13.8 cents to mobiles
- Burundi 4.4 cents to land-lines/4.4 cents to mobiles
- Cameroon 8.8 cents to land-lines/16.8 cents to mobiles
- Gabon 8.4 cents to land-lines/18 cents to mobiles
- Calls to Kenya 7 cents to land-lines/9.9 cents to mobiles/2.7 cents to Nairobi
- Lesotho 10.8 cents to land-lines/17.9 cents to cell phones
- Liberia 13.5 cents to land-lines/19 cents to mobiles
- Mozambique 5.6 cents to land-lines/11.3 cents to mobiles
- Calling Nigeria 7.7 cents to land-lines/9.8 cents to mobiles/5.1 cents to Lagos
- Sudan 9.9 cents to land-lines/11.5 cents to mobiles
- Swaziland 3.9 cents to land-lines/16.4 cents to mobiles
- Tanzania 8.5 cents to land-lines or cell phones
- Tunisia 12.8 cents to land-lines/34 cents to mobiles
- Togo 22.1 cents to land-lines/29.9 cents to mobiles
- Uganada 7.9 cents to land-lines/9.8 cents to mobiles
- Central African Republic 27 cents to land-lines/16.1 cents to mobiles
Tel3Advantage is a popular prepaid calling plan that can be used to make cheap calls to Africa and other destinations from Canada or the USA. It can be used with any kind of telephone without changing companies so it is very convenient for short or long-term use. There is nothing to change and there are no long term contracts, maintenance fees or other obligation. It is very popular with mobile phone users who want to make international calls since it can be used to direct dial international calls from Smart Phones using Tel3Apps. Those interested in more information should visit cheap calls to Africa for rates and a coupon for up to 1000 Free Minutes. You can get the same offer by dialing 800 441 0321 and asking for the Triple Promo special offer.
Saturday, February 12, 2011
- Tel3Advantage 13.6 cents per minute.
- Comfi Phone Cards 31.5 cents per minute
- Speedy Pin Phone Cards 27.8 cents per minute
- Rebtel 44.9 cents per minute
It should be noted that these rates apply on international calls to land-lines in Tonga. The rate on calls to mobile phones in Tonga may be different. Also, Tel3Advantage includes all fees and taxes in their published rates while most prepaid phone cards have hidden fees which make their rates higher than those posted.
People who are interested in calling Tonga from the USA or Canada should visit Tel3Advantage or call 800 441 0321. New customers will get these great rates for the first 30 days and get a bonus of up to 1000 free minutes. An offer that is hard to beat on calls to the Tonga Islands and other international locations.
Sunday, February 6, 2011
1. VoIP Phone Service
VoIP or broadband phone service providers have calling plans that typically include home phone service and unlimited domestic long distance for a flat monthly fee. Many VoIP Service Providers are starting to include free calls to selected international locations. These can be a good deal for those who make frequent calls to one or more of the international locations included in the call plan. This is typically a good option for someone who already has high speed Internet service, wants home phone service and makes frequent domestic and international long distance calls to the locations covered by the call plan.
Tips: Be sure the countries and type of phone (cell or land line) you call is included in the plan you choose. Calls to cell phones in international locations are often significantly more expensive than calls to landlines and are often not included at no cost with these VoIP call plans. You will need to pay extra for calls to countries or types of phones not covered and we have found that the rates are typically much higher than normal for calls that are not included with the plan. Also, you will need to pay the monthly service fee even if you do not use the service.
2. Phone Cards
Everyone thinks they know about phone cards and some people love them and others think they are a low quality alternative for making long distance calls. In truth, phone cards cover the full spectrum of telecom services and are lower cost and more convenient than any other product for making international calls. You can purchase cheap, low quality phone cards but you can also purchase high quality phone cards that offer a full range of features which make them very easy to use. Visit cheap international calling for more information on phone cards and other prepaid calling products.
Tips: Phone cards usually offer better rates to certain countries and regions of the world so one phone card does not fit all. Therefore, it is better to shop around in order to find the best phone card for your needs. They also tend to have hidden fees or extra charges added to the posted rate on calls so be sure and read the fine print before making a purchase. It is typically better to try a small denomination ($5 to $10 card) before making a large purchase. We think on-line phone cards offer a better deal than those purchased at retail locations. It is easier to compare rates and features on-line when shopping and they can usually be stored safely in an on-line account so there is no fear of loss.
3. PC to Phone Service
PC to phone service like Skype is very popular with students, expats and others who make frequent international calls to other people who also own a computer and have a high speed INTERNET connection. What is commonly called PC to Phone Service can be used to make calls from one PC to another or from a PC to any kind of telephone. Companies like Skype offer free calls from one PC to another but charge a fee on calls made from a PC to a telephone. The rate on PC to Phone calls are typically much higher than those charged using other options so we think this service is great for people who want to make PC to PC calls but there are lower cost options with better quality for people who want to make long distance calls to landlines or cell phones.
Tips: Some countries actively block web based services like PC to Phone or VoIP. In these cases a VPN can be used or another product like callback phone service can be a better option. Also, the call quality using PC to Phone depends on the speed of the INTERNET connection. In some cases call quality can be very high while in other cases it is hard to get a good connection. Use another product if you want to make calls to telephones.
4. Callback Phone Service
In many cases the best international calling product for those living or working overseas is international callback phone service. This service can be used to make cheap international phone calls from any location. There are phone cards that offer a callback feature and there are prepaid callback service providers. The phone cards tend to be better for short term use. In either case, the caller will need to have a telephone available where they can receive a direct incoming call. This can be a land line, mobile phone or even a VoIP phone. To place a call, a caller triggers a callback where a computer calls to the callers pre-set phone number from an international location. When the call is received the caller simply answers the call and dials the phone number they wish to call. In this way the international call is placed from a low cost location like the United States rather than the high cost location where the caller resides.
Tips: A great option for people living or working in a fixed location where international calling is expensive. Calls are made through a low cost third country.
5. International Cell Phone Service
Truly international mobile phones offer convenience and are useful for emergency calling but they do not offer a good deal on international phone calls. What we refer to here are international calling plans for mobile phones. Many people only have mobile phones these days and they soon find it is very expensive to make international calls from mobiles using their local service provider. Phone cards are an option but there are other prepaid calling plans that interface nicely with mobile phones. These still offer great phone card rates on international calls from mobiles but have features that make them much easier to use.
Tips: For international calls from mobile phones in the USA or Canada we tend to prefer the Tel3Advantage prepaid call plan. It has free Apps so it can be used seamlessly with SMART phones allowing international calls can be made directly without dialing any extra numbers.
We hope people can benefit from this information and make wise choices when shopping for international calling products. In any case, shop well and read the fine print before making a purchase. We have heard stories from readers who have been, for example, tied up in long term VoIP contracts and could not get out of them. That is one reason why we tend to prefer prepaid or pay-as-you-go products that have no long term commitment. Simply use them as long as you need than stop when they are no longer needed without any termination fee.
Friday, January 28, 2011
The normal Tel3Advantage rates to Israel will apply after the first 30 days. These are still very good at 2.1 cents-per-minute for calls to landlines and 7 cents-per-minute on calls to cell phones. Tel3Advantage also offers highly rated customer service and a variety of features including on-line account management, call history, speed dial, toll free access number, local access and PIN free dialing. It is one of our favorite products for making international calls to to Israel and other locations.
Sunday, January 16, 2011
- Trying a phone card for the first time - Many people, even active callers, tend to purchase a low value phone card when making an initial purchase. In this way they can reduce the risk of trying a phone card from a new or unfamiliar company. In the worst case, if the card is not what without they wanted and it is difficult to obtain a refund, they are only out a small amount of money.
- A Method of Controlling Expenses - Some people purchase low cost phone cards as a way of controlling expenses. If they purchase a $5 phone card than the most they can spend for a given time period is $5. If they talk longer than expected the prepaid card will simply run out of money. The call will end and they will have spent the money they budgeted for that period of time.
- Short Term Use - Some people only want to use a phone card to make a few calls over a short period of time so a phone card with a small denomination perfectly fits their needs.
- A Method of Avoiding Extra Fees - Some phone cards charge extra fees on cards that are held for a certain period of time. These fees are typically referred to as maintenance fees. One way to eliminate maintenance fees is to use the card quickly so the phone card has no value when the time period triggering a maintenance fee is reached.
- Fear of Loss - This is a concern for cards purchased at supermarkets or other retail locations. These cards have a PIN number written on them and cannot be used if this number is lost or stolen. On-line phone cards are a safer alternative because they typically supply users with an on-line account where the details for their phone cards are safely stored.
People purchase phone cards for a variety of reasons but most people want to save money on domestic or international long distance phone calls. This is a good reason and there are high quality phone cards on the market. However, all phone cards do not have the same call quality and it can vary by location with the same phone card. So buyers should take care when shopping for phone cards. Always check the fine print for fees and other restrictions and make a small purchase to try the product before making a large purchase. Be wary of phone cards that only come in high denominations. Also, some companies charge an extra surcharge on small purchases so shop around.