The following are some common features found with high quality virtual phone cards:
- PIN Free dialing is a convenient and common feature found with many virtual phone cards. It allows a caller to register phone numbers so they do not need to enter a special code when making calls from one of their registered phones. The registered phone numbers can be conveniently edited in the customer’s on-line account.
- Many virtual phone cards have a permanent PIN code so it does not change each time the phone card is re-charged or purchased. These permanent PIN phone cards are typically stored in an on-line account that can be accessed by a user from any INTERNET connection.
- Most permanent PIN phone cards also include an optional automatic recharge option. Many users find this to be an attractive feature since it assures that they will not run out of funds during a call and the card is always available for use.
- Many virtual phone cards come with an on-line call history that tracks and stores the details of each call (including location, length of call and cost). The call history can be accessed through the customer’s on-line account. This is a very handy feature that is typically included with high quality virtual phone cards.
- Many on-line phone cards have a Speed Dial feature that allows the user to add phone numbers to their personal account so they can call these numbers by pressing 2 or 3 numbers on their phone. This is a convenient feature for those who plan to make international calls to the same phone numbers.
- Some on-line merchants allow customers to transfer funds between phone cards. This is a money saving feature since it allows the transfer of funds to the phone card offering the best rates.
- Most on-line merchants have a handy search tool built into their website that allows shoppers to search for the best phone card for their needs. These search tools will list phone cards with the lowest rates for making calls to and from specific locations. In many cases they also provide phone card quality ratings and a summary of features, taxes and fees.
- Some on-line phone cards, like the continental card, can also be used to make conference calls or international callback calls from virtually any location in the world. They can also be used for a variety of other purposes like setting-up a personal toll free number in the USA.
There are other prepaid calling plans, like Tel3Advantage, that offer many of the features listed above as well as some other not so common features. For example, Tel3 offers a mobile plan where users can make direct-dial international phone calls from their Mobile SMART Phones. With Tel3 Mobile, users do not need to dial an access number or PIN code when placing an international call. They simply dial the international code and their call is automatically routed over the low cost Tel3 network. Tel3 also offers a business calling plan with many on-line tools and features that are ideal for small to medium size business users. Tel3Advantage can be used to make cheap domestic and international long distance phone calls from Canada and the USA. Tel3Advantage has no monthly fees or connection charges and does not require a contract. Therefore, it is an ideal product for people who only make periodic international calls or those who want a short term option.
Phone cards have come a long way since their introduction in the 1970’s but companies like Tel3 and others continue to introduce new features and services